Friday, December 7, 2007

2 hats and a story...

I will come back with pictures but for now just a post will have to do. I made 1 hat for a gas pump attendant at safeway. (In Oregon we do not pump our own gas by law) anyway he is the nicest little ol grandpa that stands out in the weather in the mornings pumping gas. Well I mentioned something about the cold and he was talking about needing hats and such so I told him I knit and would make him a hat. To his surprize the other day I delivered the hat, my kids were with me and were so excited to see the response. He was so happy and put that hat on like he just had christmas. What a blessing to my heart. He just hugged me and was so excited!!! They were excited too!
Now I am working on my hubby's hat. He is excited to get it too. I am almost finished!

The patterns I came up with from the top of my head!

With 3 or 4 ply yarn (I used simply soft for my hubbys and for the gentlemen I use Lionbrand it was a soft type "can't remember the exact name now)anywayCO 98 StitchesKnit 2, Purl 2 (double ribs) across. Do this for 2-4 inches (depending if you want it to fold or not)then after those inches are done Knit 1, Purl 1 (single ribs) across for 4-6 inches depending if you want the hat snug to the head or larger. Then decrease by knit 2 tog work: single rib pattern between decrease stitches [11 stitches], then knit 2 tog across.Next you Knit 2 tog, work in single rib pattern 10 stitches, knit 2 tog across.Next Knit 2 stitches, work in single rib pattern 9 stitches, knit 2 tog across. Please repeat this, until you have went to 4-2 stitches between decreases ( or do this until you have 15-20 stiches on needle) then cut yarn (leaving a tail) then put the tail on yarn needles, weave through remaining stitches on left hand needle, pulling stitches off needle and pull up tight. sew up side of hat!Its seriously simple!
You can make it all double rib, or single rib if you wish. :)
I will post a picture soon!

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates